Monday 26 March 2012

The Roosevelt

23 March 2012

The Roosevelt
32 Orwell St , Potts Point
P: +61 423 203 119 E : bookings@theroosevelt.com.au
http://www.theroosevelt.com.au
















A unique dining experience

The Roosevelt is the latest venture from the owners of Eau-de-Vie. The bar and restaurant takes it name from the Kings Cross venue that was owned by underworld identity Abe Saffron in the 1940s. Jazz tunes set the ambience at a venue where Frank Sinatra once performed with interiors staying true to its era.

Reading all the reviews on Roosevelt I was rediculously excited to taste what was to come! Unfortunately, I was left a little disappointed.

The service truly was amazing and attentive, it felt like you were watching a show. The atmosphere lacked as there was only half a table there for the degustation service. The food was nice but nothing really stood out in my opinion. The cocktails left a terrible flavour in my mouth. I for one love a good cocktail and I understand that the cocktails were made to suit the courses but, I just couldnt drink half of them. The fennel champagne cocktail left a horrible aniseed taste in my mouth and the cocktail with the wagyu simply tasted like a glass of red with a shot of Jack Daniels in it.

In the end, it all simply comes down to individual tastes. I was not wowed but it doesnt mean that someone else wont be. I wont be rushing back here for the degustation ($150 for 5 courses with matching cocktails).

























Service : 9 Food : 6 Atmosphere : 5 Value : 5
The Roosevelt on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, love the Roosevelt n booked just this dinner but might just skip it n settle for their great cocktails in the bar instead..

    ReplyDelete