Thursday 31 May 2012

Sake

30 May 2012

Sake
12 Argyle Street, The Rocks
P: +61 2 9259 5656 
http://www.sakerestaurant.com.au/
















I'm just going to put it out there, I could in fact be the WORST blogger in the world. Sometimes when the food comes, I actually get that excited that I forget to take the photos until its too late. Even worse, half the time I forget my camera and I have no choice but to use the crummy camera on my phone. Tonight is no exception.

Whilst waiting for our friend to arrive, Miss Fi and I ordered some chilli edamame ($8) and Ginzu Bellini ($16) with St Germain, sparkling wine and yuzu. A little sweet for Fi but with St Germaine being my liqueur of the moment, I was happy to enjoy every mouthful.

Starting with the steamed prawn dumplings ($17 for 6) with spicy ponzu which actually blew our minds. I was very impressed with myself that I was able to get a photo of this one before I devoured thse tasty little dumplings. Moving onto the Wagyu Dumplings with spicy sour dipping sauce ($17 for 6) which were delish however nothing could beat the prawn dumplings.... until the sashimi taco came along ($17). 2 tuna & a salmon sashimi filled baby tacos with chilled tomato salsa matched with Kozaemon Junmai sake shots, yes they ACTUALLY come with sake! Wow, I am starting to feel light headed. I'm going to put it out there... should you ever decide to go to Sake, you must get the popcorn shrimp! No if's, but's or maybe's, infact, I don't even care if you don't like prawns, GET THE POPCORN SHRIMP! ($29) these bite-sized prawn tempura pieces are tossed with creamy spicy sauce and are to die for! I was at one point considering licking the bowl, however, clearly, I'm way too classy to even consider that... except when I am at Max Brenner. A few nigiris (Salmon, Salmon Belly and Scallop) and a S express roll ($22) scallops, spicy mayo, cucumber, seared salmon, witlof & sweet sauce we were all done and dusted. Ok we did get dessert but how can one seriously go past chocolate fondant? With a bottle of Dr Loosens Reisling and a few bottles of sparkling mineral water between us, the bill came to $338. Sure its pretty expensive for sushi but I have intrigued you with the popcorn shrimp haven't I?




















Prawny Goodness




















Wagyu Dumplings




















Sashimi Taco















Popcorn Shrimp




















Yes - I had had a few drinks by now - S express roll















Chocolate Fondant with sesame tuile and sesame ice cream
















My lovely friends and I had an amazing night! Thanks Sake


Service : 8 Food : 10 Atmosphere : 9 Value : 7

Saké Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment